School Meals are currently provided by School Food Support.
2018-19 Menu (wef June 2018)
Meals are currently charged at £2.20 per day. Dinners for the week should be ordered and paid for on a Monday.
Foundation, Year 1 & Year 2 need to order their meals on a Monday for the week ahead. They can choose to have school meals for the whole week or packed lunch for the whole week. Meals can be paid for in cash, by cheque (payable to LCC) Payments can be made weekly, monthly or termly.
Years 3,4,5 & 6 still need to pay for their meals, in advance on a Monday, for the week ahead, however they can choose which days they would like to have a school meal.
Free School Meals
Families of children and young people in full-time education at any school maintained by Leicestershire County Council may be entitled to claim free school meals, providing they receive a qualifying benefit.
The current criteria for claiming free school meals are as follows:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
From 1st May 2009 where a parent has been entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week, they will be eligible to claim free school meals over that period.
Claimants MUST complete a hard copy application form and send it to School Food Support with a copy of their Tax Credit Decision Notice, which will be issued immediately by HMRC to a claimant who has notified them that they have stopped working. Applications will not be accepted without this document and free school meals authorisation will not be granted prior to the date of application, or extended beyond the end date shown on the Tax Credit Decision Notice. In order to qualify for free school meals after that date the claimant will need to be in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits listed in the previous section, and evidence of this provided.
No other benefits qualify for free school meals
How do I apply?
- Free School Meals Application Form,(Word doc, 140kb)
- Request an application form on 0116 3056588 or 0116 3057093
- Apply via telephone on 0116 3056588 or 0116 3057093
- Fax School Food Support on 0116 3055785
- By post to:
School Food Support Service