School Meals are currently provided by School Food Support.
Meals are currently charged at £2.25 per day. Dinners for the week should be ordered and paid for on a Monday.
Foundation, Year 1 & Year 2 are universally entitled to free meals. They do however need to order their meals on a Monday for the week ahead. They can choose to have school meals for the whole week or packed lunch for the whole week.
Years 3,4,5 & 6 still need to pay for their meals, in advance on a Monday, for the week ahead, however they can choose which days they would like to have a school meal. Meals can be paid for in cash, by cheque (payable to LCC) Payments can be made weekly, monthly or termly.
Free School Meals
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
No other benefits qualify for free school meals
How to Apply
Send your completed form to the address shown at the end of the form.